Premium European merino wool shirt that can be worn in a formal way with a jacket or in a casual style on your Sunday jeans....
Premium European merino wool shirt that can be worn in a formal way with a jacket or in a casual style on your Sunday jeans. Its Merino fabric will keep you cool when it’s hot and warm when it’s cold. And you don't have to worry about wrinkles or odors.
- 50% superfine merino wool (16,5 micron) + 50% Tencel, 135 g/sq meter.
- Our merino wool is mulesing free and is ZQ certified.
- The fabric is off white, not 100% optical white.
- Some grey hairs might be visible in the fabric but please try it on. it is not visible on your skin tone.
- The merino fabric is made in Switzerland.
- The Alex shirt is made in Portugal.
- The buttons are made of Corozo, a hard nut from the tagua tree.
Slim: Our modern, tapered fit. Also, our most popular fit.
Relaxed: A more traditional fit with extra room in the chest, arms, and waist.
- Joris, our model is 179 cm tall, weighs 72 kg and measures 96 cm around the chest. He wears a Medium Slim fit.
- Use our easy size tool to find your size. Please note that the shirt can shrink 1 to 3% overall.
We use total easy care merino wool
- Wash cold at 30°C delicate program, maximum 1400 cycles.
- Wash with similar colors.
- We advise to put the shirts in a wash bag.
- Do not use fabric softner or bleach, we advise to use wool detergent.
- Hang to dry, do not tumble dry.
- Iron at low temperature, no problem to use steam.
- Please note that the shirt can shrink 1 to 3% overall.
- More specific care tips at our garment care page
Our hero shirt, as white as we can get it.
Since the day we launched our merino wool shirts we got the request for white wool shirts. But the truth is that it's not that simple. Natural wool isn't white, it is a bit yellowish. So here is what we did to get as close as possible to a white merino shirt…
We selected the whitest merino wool and we blended it with Tencel. This makes the fabric closer to an optic white while still maintaining the benefits of merino wool.
Why a mix with Tencel and not just cotton?
Because Tencel is not your average fiber either.
Tencel is made from wood pulp and produced by the Austrian company Lenzing. It has an outstanding performance in hot temperatures and a superb touch. It is softer than silk, more absorbent than cotton and cooler than linen.
Nothing beats merino wool, that's true, but the blend with 50% Tencel is actually really good.
* please be aware that the shirt is a bit off white, not 100% optical white.
** Some grey hairs might be visible in the fabric but please try it on. It is not visible on your skin tone.
Merino wool, the perfect 4 seasons material
It’s natural. It’s renewable. It’s durable. It’s stunningly comfortable. And it outclasses cotton or synthetic fiber on any level. Yes, Merino Wool ticks all the boxes. Oh, and did we mention it’s wrinkle resistant, not affected by body odor and temperature regulating in every season?
Tencel, when nature meets technology
Did you know tencel is one of the most environmentally friendly fabrics known to man? Made from the wood of the Eucalyptus tree, the production process is completely organic. With organic solvents that are recovered and re-used in a closed loop system. Supported by new and sustainable technologies and durable farming practices, tencel has all the ecological benefits.
Corozo buttons, sustainable and responsible
We use Corozo buttons in our shirts. This 100% natural and practically indestructible nut comes from the Tagua tree – otherwise known as vegetal ivory.
Proudly made in portugal
We are very proud to work close with the best material and clothing manufacturers in the world. We make our clothes in Portugal and we source our fabrics from Italy. By concentrating the production in Europe we can minimize our footprint and support the local economy.