This medium-weight merino sweater is perfect to wear from Autumn till the end of Spring. It...
This medium-weight merino sweater is perfect to wear from Autumn till the end of Spring. It is so easy to combine with the rest of your wardrobe that It will quickly become your favorite sweater. We chose this easy-care yarn and the tight “half-Milano” stitch to prevent pilling and keep the sweater in shape. Maximal comfort with minimal maintenance, that was our goal when we developed the Phil sweater.
- 100% extrafine merino wool (18,5 micron)
- Weight: 615 g for size L
- The compact “half Milano” stitch makes it extra durable
- Our merino wool is mulesing free and OEKO-TEX certified.
- The merino yarn is spun in Italy.
- The Phil sweater is knitted in Portugal.
- Joris, our model is 179 cm tall, weighs 72kg and measures 96 cm around the chest. He wears a Medium.
- If you have a Wolk T-shirt or slim or regular fit shirt, stick to your size. If you have a Wolk relaxed shirt, pick 1 size larger.
- Or use our easy size tool to find your size. The sweater will not shrink when you wash and dry it properly. Check our care section for instructions.
You don't need to wash it after every wear. Just let it rest overnight in a well-ventilated room, and any food or smoke odors will disappear. If your sweater requires washing, please find some care tips here.
We use "total easy care" merino; this is a natural treatment that makes the wool machine washable.
- Wash cold at 30°C delicate/wool program, maximum 1200 cycles.
- Wash with similar colors.
- We advise you to turn the sweater inside out and put it in a wash bag.
- Please use wool detergent and do not use fabric softener or bleach.
- Dry flat, do not tumble dry. Avoid direct heat; let it dry at room temperature.
- If required, iron with steam.
PHIL, THE BETTER MERINO WOOL SWEATER
Maximal comfort with minimal maintenance; that’s the short story of our Phil sweater.
With this development, we wanted to solve several issues that wool sweaters can have: pilling, sagging, and tight washing restrictions.
We sure love our wool sweaters, but not all wool sweaters are equally good! Some start sagging and get out of shape. Others need a daily shave because they pill so quickly. And then there is the stress when it comes to washing. How will they come out of the machine ?!
Here is how we solved all these issues.
It starts with the yarn
We developed Phil with a merino yarn spun by Tollegno 1900. With more than 120 years of experience, this Italian company is an expert in wool spinning. The yarn is a perfect marriage of tradition and technology.
They start with 100% extrafine merino wool which is soft and doesn’t itch. The microscopic scales of the wool are then removed to prevent shrinking in your washing machine. A special high-twist spinning technique makes the merino yarn compact, more durable, and highly resistant to pilling.
Then the knit structure
The “half Milano” knit makes a robust sweater with good dimensional stability. Its double-knit structure keeps the threads closer together, making pilling even more difficult and avoiding ladders. It is not as stiff as the full Milano knit, so you keep the nice elastic feel of a knit sweater.
You need the skill
A fantastic thread and a set of well-thought-out specifications are not enough to make the perfect sweater. Knitting also takes a lot of skill. Our sweaters are made by a knitwear specialist in the Braga region in the North of Portugal. Just pick up one of our sweaters and you will feel their knowledge and attention to detail.
Merino wool, the perfect 4 seasons material
It’s natural. It’s renewable. It’s durable. It’s stunningly comfortable. And it outclasses cotton or synthetic fiber on any level. Yes, Merino Wool ticks all the boxes. Oh, and did we mention it’s wrinkle resistant, not affected by body odor and temperature regulating in every season?